- Patient Criteria
- There are two groups of patients suitable for IVA fertility treatment. The top
candidates are patients with primary ovarian insufficiency who showed no menstrual
cycles for at least one year at less then 40 years of age. The second group is middle-aged women between 40 to 45 years of age suffering from infertility due to infrequent
and irregular menstrual cycles. Ovaries in these patients contain some immature follicles with the potential to respond to the IVA fertility treatment.
- Steps for IVA Fertility treatment
- After initial consultation with the physician, the patient will be referred for routine examination before a
laparoscopic procedure to remove one ovary or a fragment of one ovary.
In two days, the patient will be scheduled for another laparoscopic procedure to return some of the
- For patients wishing to check if any follicles are present in their ovary before grafting back ovarian
tissues, they will be informed of their test results at one month after ovary removal before proceeding
with the next step.
- Following grafting of ovarian pieces, biweekly ultrasound examination and serum hormone
determination will be performed to monitor follicle growth.
- When follicles start to grow, hormonal treatment will begin, together with more frequent ultrasound
monitoring. When follicles are mature, egg retrieval will be performed for fertilization with husband's
- Fertilized eggs will be grown in the lab and embryos will be frozen for transfer back to the patient preinjected with hormones. This part of the procedure is identical to the routine IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)
- For patients living outside Japan, select doctors in different countries coordinate with us and patients
can travel to Japan for ovarian tissue removal, activation, and grafting before going back to their
countries for biweekly monitoring by local doctors, following by egg retrieval, IVF, and embryo transfer.
- Retrieval of ovarian tissues and checking for follicles
- IVA procedure and grafting of ovarian pieces back to patient
- Egg retrieval, in vitro fertilization, and embryo transfer
- Contact the clinic
- IVA Center: firstname.lastname@example.org